Monday, June 19, 2006

Boise

Praise God!! The trip was wonderful. Brayden did wonderful on the trip. The drive was great. Everytime we stopped he would say "NEE". He calls my grandma Nanny. But most often it comes out as NEE. He couldn't have remembered her, it has been a year since we had seen them, but we have been talking about the trip and the long ride in daddy's truck and that he would get to see his great grandma and grandpa. Well needless to say as soon as we got there he couldn't wait to see them. When we saw them he hugged both of them and couldn't get enough of Nanny. She is a wonderful grandma and is the kind that gets down on the floor and plays with you. It probably helps that she is only 4'10. So, she isn't very intimidating to a child. She has a kind face and it just shows how much she enjoys kids. We went to dinner with them and Aunt Myrna whom Brayden thought was so funny. He would drive his new tractor on the table and she would make a face and he was laughing so hard I thought he was going to cry. It made Auntie Myrna's day. The rest of the trip anytime he saw her he would smile and do a little laugh.
So, for the wedding. The reason for the trip. My brother and sister watched Brayden in the hotel and we were off. It is so nice having reliable people whom you completely trust to watch you child. I knew they would call if they had any problems and they never do because Brayden adores them. The wedding was beautiful. Maureen looked stunning and the building alone was amazing. We had fun catching up with family I hadn't seen in a long time and finally called it a night at 11.
Saturday was fun because we didn't have anywhere to be until afternoon. And Boise is a great walking city. So, the boys headed off to Costco (boys being my brothers,dad and husband) and Brayden, Jodi and I headed off to Saturday market. They have a really cool fountain in the middle and Brayden had fun walking around and getting close to the water but not going in. I eventually hooked up with the boys and Jodi went off shopping with the women. I am not as girly as she is so shopping isn't as fun for me as it is her. (more on that another time)
In the afternoon we drove down to Mt. Home for a BBQ at my Aunt and Uncles place and had a great time. Brayden wanted to spend all his time on the Tractors and playing with the kittens. I hope someday we can afford property. I love being out in the wide open space. It was beautiful there. I never really thought of Idaho as a beautiful place, because where we live is so lush and green. But, it really is nice. The BBQ was great and we got to know Maureen's husband better. Bryce is a wonderful guy and we are so glad to have him be apart of our family.
We headed home Sunday and all went well. Brayden cried and was upset leaving Nanny. But, I tried to reassure him that we will see her soon and she got to go on an airplane. I was nice for Brayden to get to know my Aunts and some of my cousins. I look forward to seeing them again soon.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am glad you had a good time. My dream is to live out in the country somewhere too. I haven't been to the farmer's market in Boise yet this year- but do need to get there. It is a fun place