Friday, August 03, 2007

Technology

Okay so I love technology. I love my electricity, washer and dryer, dishwasher, computer. I do my banking online and am on my computer a lot. I like that I can talk to my friends and family that are far away without having to wait for letters. But, there is something to be said about having a day away where you can't use the phone. My husband is a very busy man. His cell is attached to his ear. At least some days it feels like that. Between crazy army stuff he has to deal with to Real Estate. I try not to complain cause I know that if he can't take his calls we don't make money. But, wow. Yesterday we went to Silver Creek Falls for the afternoon and lost cell coverage. (YEAH) We had his attention for the afternoon. Now mind you there were other people there as it was a work picnic, but how fabulous to not have phones ring. I mentioned to my niece (she's 6) how nice it was that phones don't work up here. She said yes especially when you do real estate. Your phone rings all the time. I thought. You know girl you and I are in the same boat. So, I have decided that we should get away more often and not just anywhere but to the mountains or just anywhere phones don't work.
Brayden loved the water fountains (waterfalls) We plan to go back and hike more. Nothing better to wear out an active 3 year old.

No comments: