Friday, August 10, 2007

A big day

Well today has been a big day. Today was Riley's 5 month birthday. She is growing so fast and it is hard to believe that she is 5 months already. She is waking up a lot the last few nights so I am tired. She isn't eating anymore than normal just fussing. So, I think her teeth are going to be poking through soon. We also took my mom to the airport this morning. That was a fun trip. Weird though. It is strange that I am used to my husband being gone and it is so much stranger having my mom gone. She is visiting my grandparents and will hopefully get some relaxing time to herself as well.
Then during nap time Riley rolled over from her back to front for the first time. She has been working on it so hard. Mom, you were right she would do it when you were away. She only did it once though.
After nap we played and went for a walk. Brayden didn't want Charlie (the dog) to come but I said he had to, not quite sure why I would think he needed to come it was so much harder. Then off to Grandma Harris' birthday party. It was a nice time. Although, my emotions get tugged at because my son it the oldest boy there with older girls and was told again that he couldn't play and came in crying. Only this time I went to my mother-in-law and told her and she handled it right away and so hopefully the little girl who starts this will learn that it isn't an option. Her mother doesn't tell her it is wrong to treat people that way or anything. All in all though it was a nice time.
Then we came home. Now, I must remind you that I am tired and I already have had a rough week with this dog. But, I feel bad for the little guy being outside all the time and what not. So, I let him in and he is jumping all over me and biting and just being a pill. And I am trying to find his food dish so that I can feed him and be kind. Well, I end up getting frustrated and just putting him back outside. Then Jim arrives home and I am not myself and haven't been since the dog came. He said I don't smile when he comes home and I am just not as happy. He thinks it has been ever since the dog. So, we have to make a decision. I am in tears about this. Because ideally we wouldn't have the dog. No more poop, no more biting, no more feeling guilty all the time for not spending time with him. Then I wouldn't have to worry about food and the vet and tags and all that. But, then my heart breaks because I think of the fun times when he isn't jumping up on Rileys toy to lick her face and dragging her toys around and I remember when I hear Brayden talking outside and he is chatting with Charlie. I just don't think this was the best time for a non dog lover to get a dog. But, again it was Brayden's birthday present and how can I be the cause of him not having him anymore. I just don't know what to do.
Well, the first thing I can,will and should do is go to sleep.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

any decision yet?? That's a hard one. I am tired of my cats too- but Ella loves them and I know Thomas will too. They are bit easier to ignore than a dog is though!