Monday, August 20, 2007

Life's goings on

So, life has been busy lately. Just with day to day things and my parents are gone and we were sick. Last week was crazy. First we had a wonderful Saturday. Jim left early for a bible study and on his way home he stopped at several garage sales to look for a larger dog kennel. No luck but he did find a lawn mower. We were in desperate need and couldn't really afford a new one at this time. So, for $25 he got us a new to us one. It is wonderful. Thank you thrifty husband. Now we don't look like we live in the jungle.
The dog is okay. I am still having my moments but now am really thinking about how we are going to do the winter. As long as I can put him out and he can stay out most of the day things are okay. But, when the rains come (as they are doing now) I feel bad leaving him outside. But, I don't want him in the house all the time either. I am not a fan of having my house smell like dog. Especially wet dog. He also can't be in the house all the time because he likes to be right where Riley is and I don't want her to get sat on, walked on or chewed on. The garage is an out there option. I don't like the idea because that is where I park and I don't want my new van all scratched up and I don't want anything else in the garage chewed or scratched up. I realized the other day that if my parents said it was okay to get rid of the dog I would be sad but probably would. Simply because they got him for Brayden and I don't feel right giving him to someone else without there permission. Is that crazy? So many moms in my position have said they wouldn't do it either. (have a puppy at this stage) My friend got rid of there cats cause it was to much and they just didn't tell there daughter and she said it was days before she realized they were even gone. I think Brayden would know he was gone but I think he would be fine with it. If we just didn't say anything but explained that he had to go to a home that had more room for him. I just don't like feeling like a bad person because I can't handle it. But, I am the sole provider for him. My husband is gone so much and his main job with it is to put him in at night. I do everything else. Brayden will occaisonally want to feed him but other than the odd time they are both outside playing nicely they don't do a whole lot together. I just don't want Brayden to ever feel like Mommy took away his puppy. But this dog is going to be huge. Oh I don't know what to do. I think a small dog would be easier but if we get rid of this dog we aren't getting any sort of pet for a long time. I would like a cat someday but again not until my kids are a lot older.
Well, this week I start watching a little girl 3 days a week. It will help out financially and I think it will be a good fit for us. She is a 15 month old and her parents are great. This is her first time in day care so that will be good.
I can't wait till my parents get home. I miss my mom so much. I didn't know how much I talked to her until she has been gone for 2 weeks and I have to call long distance to talk to her. Brayden keeps wanting to go to see nanna. He is still having fun going over to help me water, even though we haven't had to do that to much with the rain the last couple of days.
Well, I am starting to ramble.

No comments: