Thursday, July 20, 2006

Simple life

I started my day out a little unthankful. Something that isn't me. I am so thankful for so much in my life that it usually doesn't leave room for the not so thankful ones. But, there I was gripping to myself how our house needs to be painted and oh the work that goes into the remodel and how that will upset our life and don't even get me started on the grass. What a mess. Not to mention our son adores his father (what's wrong with that. Nothing except my husband has been so in and out lately with the Army) As the day progressed I got thankful again. Like this afternoon when it was so hot and we have air conditioning. Then I was watching Love comes softly on the Hallmark channel and I thought how great there lives were with the simplicity. But wow am I ever so much more blessed. I have a house that keeps heat and cold out. I don't have to worry about wild animals, I don't have to worry about marrying a stranger if something were to happen to my husband. And don't get me started on washing machines, running water and electricity. Thank you Lord. As much as I love the outdoors and camping and nature. I love my cozy little house that has so much. Thanks

No comments: