Saturday, April 30, 2011

Suburbs vs. country living

I have made it no secret that I love country life. The simplicity of it and the joy of peace and quiet. I still love those things. However, today as I was cleaning out the chicken mess and picking up dog poop, I realized something. I really like living in town. I love that my kids love playing together in our good sized back yard. They have neighbor kids to play with. We live close enough to town that to run down the hill for ice cream or a movie we can.
I also believe I have mentioned how I am a hard worker. I am not afraid of hard work and do so whenever I need to. I realized today as I was cleaning out the chickens and pulling weeds, how much I like my nice sized yard and small flower beds and that the chickens are here just for a few more weeks. I like that for the most part my work load at home is simple, basic and not all the time. I am able to play with my kids and jump and swing with them.
All these things to say I am so thankful and content at where God has us. The other thing about country living is that it tends to be harder to be involved. So much more driving and planning and just work that has to be done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute Blog and great words!

http://aweekafterthirty.blogspot.com/

=)
Tori