Thursday, April 07, 2011

Food

So, I enjoy food. I used to have a weight issue due to eating so much of what I loved. However, I was blessed with babies who sucked the fat right out of me and made me smaller post kids than pre kids. I am not normal I know and I am so very grateful. I have kept the weight off and have changed some eating habits. We also don't eat fast food. We have sandwich places but we don't eat at Burger king, DQ (except for ice cream) Taco bell or any of that. Occassionally we do have McDonalds for the kids. Jim and I usually don't get anything. Funny thing about taco bell, one of the kids friends was talking about Taco Bell and my kids asked what that was. I actually took them there because they didn't know. I did get a burrito. Ended up not feeling good the rest of the night.
I have noticed, it must be age, but things are changing. I can't eat much salt or I wake up with little sausages for fingers. (even though I drink so much water) I also have been finding that meat gives me heart burn. I also am having harder times with red sauces. I used to be able to go out and have a drink but now, I can still do that but even one drink wakes me up in the night and I can't fall back asleep. So, no alcohol for me. Not like I mind, never been much of a drinker. But don't like to miss out on sweet sleep. I also don't like donuts, pie and things that have that yucky filmy feeling that stays in my mouth. Not all of the stuff do I mind having problems with. I mean it probably helps my weight staying off.
I am just glad that my husband also has the same problem. Hey maybe it is me getting sick because he has had tummy issues for so long. I don't know. It makes me just want to eat cereal and fruits and veggies. I also think it is interesting how Riley doesn't really enjoy meat. She took one bite of her hamburger. But cleaned the plate of lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. I don't think that is bad. I am guessing we could be veggitarians. We eat enough peanut butter to cover our protein intake :)

Has this happened with anyone else? As you have gotten older has your tastes and tummies changes?
Oh and don't even get me started on hot dogs and asian food.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Yep, you are lucky! I wish I was that lucky :-) I do agree though, my tastes have changed and I can only handle so much "junk" food before my tummy gets annoyed by it.

Catherine said...

Hey! I happened upon your blog using the 'next blog' button. And yes, the older I get, the less tolerant my tummy is of greasy, fatty foods. I very rarely take our 6yr old to fast food places (much to her dislike) but we do get gelato (better than ice cream) at least once a month.
www.thewilliamsfamilyandmore.blogspot.com

yinxue said...

You haven’t become a qualified fashionista if you haven’t got at least a pair of high heels from Christian Louboutin shoes. And the Resort 2011 Collection from that fashion house has again proved Louboutin’s top status in the world of shoe designing.

This Louboutin Resort Collection presents to us a sexy mix of bold colors and rock star glamour. With wedges, peep-toes, Mary Janes, and stilettos, every lady is sure to find the pairs that best suit her.

Scanning this Christian Louboutin 2011 Collection, you are likely to find something similar to Shoegasm. This time Louboutin has put a sexy, fun remix on some of the original designs, which has led to an ravishing line! Best examples include the new variations of the Bianca platform pump, Lady Peep slingback and Pigalle pump. Check them out and you will probably agree with me that they are simply incredible. I think the Lady Peep is a must-have item, but the Samira Strauss Pump is also a stunner. Nevertheless, among the crowd, the one pair to wow everyone should be the striking studded denim heels, which are powerful enough to capture the heats of mostly fashion ladies.

Without doubt, the always avant-garde designer has again shown his marvelous feat by stealing the spotlight again with his unbelievable Resort 2011 Collection, maintaining his throne as designer king of sexy heels. However, shoes from Christian Louboutin have always been getting most ladies down with the hefty price tags. And that’s why lots of them are going to try the high quality replica Louboutin heels, which are almost as good!

SweetHarmony said...

I used to have a weight problem... a big one. I weighed almost 300 pounds. I finally decided I was sick of being the fattest person I knew and made some small changes and in 9 months I had lost 128 pounds! The body is a funny thing and it craves a) what you NEED, and b) The same fuel you have been feeding it. So if you make a habbit of eating fresh fruits and veggies, and lean meats, that is what your body will crave, and when you eat something that your body isn't used to and it not particularly healthy for you, you will feel more sluggish... which is why people who eat lots of greasy fatty foods will crave greasy fatty foods... Here is another little secret. The same is true with making love. The more you make it, the more you will want it. :P (and what a good way to burn calories!)