Monday, February 02, 2009

Uggs


I have realized I have the perfect soultion. The kids and I have started puppy sitting. We watch my brother and his fiances puppy "Uggs" Tuesday and Thursdays. I have the joy and fun of a dog but only 2 days a week. He is a small dog and I don't have lots of poop to clean up. I am not responsible for the expense. And he goes home at night. Oh and he loves our cat and our cat loves him. They chase each other around the yard and house and it is just so great.
I have a question for you. Now, I go to the post office A LOT. With Jim gone we go almost weekly. They have flyers all over and I let the kids get one each time and usually by the time we are done I just put them back. So, today there was quite the line and Riley was over looking at the flyers. Mind you I am standing in line directly across from her. She picks up a flyer and this lady 2 people up from me goes over and take it from her and tells her no. I was like I'm sorry sweetheart. But I didn't say anything to the lady. Brayden then went up and took one. I loud enough for her to hear said make sure you just take one sweetheart. And he did. Was I wrong? First of all should I not let my kids touch the flyers. They aren't climbing on anything. They are at their height. Should I have said something to the lady or just gone and let Riley get another one? Do you think it is okay to step in when you don't agree with something, even if their parent is standing right there?

2 comments:

Christy said...

She is just an old busy body or as my Mom calls them Lucy Lifeguards. I would have said something the second time if she had said something to Brayden but she gets a pass on the first one.
You are a wonderful mother and don't let her bug you!!!

Carrie said...

I think that lady overreacted. The only time I've stepped in is if I see a child is going to hurt themself or someone else and I know the parent isn't watching. She shouldn't have said anything.