Thursday, February 19, 2009

Messes

I watch Jon and Kate plus 8. I love that show. It makes me very thankful that I only have two children and a lot less stress in my life. There are some things they do that I don't agree with and some that i think are great ideas. Well, a few years ago they took the kids to Crayola or something where they saw where crayons and all that are made and then they got to the marker room and she was like nope gotta go after just a few minutes. She didn't like them getting dirty. And then last week she let them paint on the walls in there basement. I was like wow.
Well, I am in the process of primering my bedroom and it is taking me a long time. So, I thought. Hey, we will do this as a quiet time project. So, I got everything set up and had Brayden help me. He had fun drawing a sun on the wall and all that. Well, I was completely stressed. I didn't want paint to get all over. Now, when they are outside. I am all for dirt. and when they have paint shirts on I am all for painting. We did find a way to make it work and he ended up really helping and my room is pretty much done. I must say though. I really don't enjoy painting. I would love to just have it done.
I was kind of tense from the whole thing and did feel like I started out the project snappy so I said do you want to paint a picture. And he of course did. And by then Riley was up and ready to go. I don't mind her painting either. But I was on an army call and they kind of dived in before I was ready. They did great. I was ready for the crayons after though.

No comments: