Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thoughts

I have had a bunch of thoughts lately. Like now a days weddings and honeymoons are a huge deal and cost tons of money and people don't respect each other nor do they stay married. Back in the day (and I mean before my time) they had little weddings that if there was food and what not it was more of a potluck and the honeymoon was getting to be together for the first time in there new home. Most of the people from back then stayed married. Not saying anything against women who work, but moms stayed home to take care of the kids and the dads worked and their was less teenage pregnancy and drugs and just all that stuff. More families went to church together. Isn't it interesting. Just thoughts I have been having because my grandparents have been married 60 years and still share a bed, spend every day together and my grandpa has been worried sick over my grandma being in the hospital. They truly love each other and treasure that love. Has everything been perfect no. They have raised 7 kids had foster kids, had farms and businesses and moved and all that. But they were in it together and loved the lord and they now have tons of grandkids married and we are giving them great grandkids.
I also watched the 18 kids and counting last night and wow. Great show. I love how open they are with there faith. I pray the Lord doesn't give me that many children and all though we do what we can to prevent it, I agree with them that all children are blessings from the Lord.
Lastly, I am so excited to have my husband home soon for his 2 week leave. We are so excited. And Riley has decided to go potty on the potty and we are done day two with 1 accident and that was poop. I am just excited.
Oh and I have pink eye. It is no big deal I have had it lots.

No comments: