Thursday, September 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today is mine and Jim's 9th anniversary. Very exciting time. I cried a little this morning and Brayden said, Mommy why are you crying. And I said well today is mommy and daddy's anniversary and daddy doesn't get to be here. He said well mommy, Jesus and Riley and I love you. Later after going to visit his class he picked me some flowers will we were outside. That makes it feel a lot better. We are also going to have pancakes for dinner since that is Jim's favorite and Brayden suggested that for dinner.
Jim is so busy I have hardly even gotten to speak to him. He thinks after today things should slow down a little. I am hoping so. Otherwise I am worried that our time out there either won't get to happen or he will have to work. Oh well I guess that is life in the military.
Here are some pictures of the last evening Jim spent with the kids and Jim and his good friend Dan. Dan just switched over from the Navy and his wife and I are very close. They live not far so we will be spending even more time together than before.
God is good to give us such a great support system. I am also the family group leader for our unit and it has opened my eyes to other people to serve that don't have the hope of Christ in this deployment. So my prayer life has gotten even longer.
If you think of it please say a prayer for our men and women serving. As well as those left behind.



No comments: