Saturday, September 06, 2008

Heaven and a great sister

I did some yard work the other day and I don't know if it is because Jim is gone and I have more time to think, Or if I just really hate weeks. But, I was pulling a few weeds which turned into there are weeds in the grass and the flowers need to be dead headed. Anyway, it all got me thinking about heaven. A friend of mine said that in heaven she wants to be a master gardener. So, I thought about it and something I am looking forward to (I mean besides God) is no weeds. Beautiful grass for miles and great trees that don't sprout other trees in your grass or leave pine-cones or poking things. Beautiful flowers that when they are done blooming (because I still want the changing of the seasons) the dead heads just disappear. I think that is going to be great. I am a doer. I want to be Mary. Who really gets it. I want to sit at my lords feet and not get restless. I want to be with the people I love and not be thinking of things that I have to do. That leads into my sister. Okay so we are very similar. Sorry Jodi. We both have a deep passion to know Christ deeper. To have positive relationships. And we both really love my kids. She is amazing with them. Now we are also so different. But, I completely look up to her. She is amazing. She has such love. She has great friends. She desires to see all her friends follow Christ. She wants to serve Christ as her life. That is a major priority to her. We are different because all those things that I just mentioned to her come before the things that are important to me. I like to have things cleaned up and put away, before I go make a new mess and do stuff. Nothing like coming home to a clean house when you are tired. Jodi could live in a seriously dirty room. But her friends and family know how much we mean to her. Sometimes she seems a little spacy. But, seriously I am believing she just has a lot of people in her head she is thinking about and praying for at all times. So, Jodi. You are amazing. You are a wonderful woman of God. I am so very proud to call you my sister. I had a lot of fun being open and vulnerable with you tonight. Keep up the work girl. I love you.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks Kristin!! I'm really excited about John McCain and Sarah Palin. Did you see that McCain is up in the polls over Obama?

I would love it if the kids cleaned up one mess before moving on to the next mess too. But sometimes (or most of the time) it doesn't happen. I just keep telling myself that this is only a season of life and when they get older they can do more....and Reagan already does.