Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cooking

For about the last week I have been watching parts of Rachel Ray. That woman makes me want to like to cook. I like to bake. I love the smell of baking and measuring the ingredients. I am a type A person. So anyway I have been watching Rachel Ray and she inspired me to go through my recipes. You know the ones that look good in magazines. So, i found several I thought looked good and took Riley shopping and we got all the ingredients. Well, last night was okay. Nothing exciting but it was devoured and all gone. And tonight was less exciting and I probably won't make it again. My kids hardly ate any of it. But here is the main thing I don't like about cooking. MY HOUSE STINKS. Tonight's recipe called for onions and garlic. Now I know Rachel loves garlic and cooks with it in like everything. But gross. As yummy as it is and good for you to. I just do not like my house smelling this bad two days in a row. So, I think tomorrow I will bake and right now I have a yummy candle burning. But we will take a break from the new recipes for awhile. I just can't take the smell. Oh and I think I will turn off Rachel. Love ya girl but I don't like how you make my house smell.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love cooking with garlic and onions!! Do you make homemade mac n cheese? I love it and make it too often I think.

* said...

I use lots of garlic too, the smell of roasted garlic is yummy-im sure ytou made passers-by very hungry! See ya Sunday ( I seem to always see you leaving or coming to church)