Saturday, August 30, 2008

CLUBS

I have never been a clubber. I don't dance and am not a big drinker. I mean it is big for me to have one drink. But, last night a bunch of the soldiers and there significant others were going out. So we decided we would go to. Now to start it off. It was in Portland. An hour away. 2nd. They weren't going out until 9:30. Yep a half hour before I am sound asleep. And they were going to a very LOUD dance club. So, we went and am I ever glad that isn't the norm for us. First of all I totally see why people have relationship issues if they regularily go to those places. And what is the point of getting so drunk you don't remember what you said or did or how you got home. Why do stuff that will cause you to vomit. Jim isn't a big drinker either and we were talking about it on the way home and we just don't get it. I said I must be old and he said or we are just old fashioned. I don't enjoy the incredibly loud music or having to yell in peoples ears for us to have a converstation. I don't enjoy being pushed around or acosted by a woman who thinks the soldier I am standing by is my husband (which he wasn't, Jim had gone to the bathroom) and so she was in my face and clawing at me. I don't like having my space invaded.
So, overall I have once again come home and am so thankful for the simple life I lead and the fact that my life isn't that life. I never wanted that life and I am glad I am not living it now.

No comments: