Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy Times

Right now our life is up in turmoil. I am feeling on edge and I don't know if it is just rowdy boy or if Brayden is getting worked up about daddy leaving or what but Brayden and I are conflicting. He is such a great kid but lately he is so ornery with Riley and I feel like it is worse than normal. But then with all the stress in our life I don't know if it is just his way of getting attention or what. Riley is such a busy girl. She is a climber. She can get on the trampoline herself on the counters you name it that kid can get on it. I am so tired by the end of the day. But on to happier things.
We have had a fun summer. We went to the zoo, we are heading to the beach this weekend (Praise the Lord) We got a trampoline. If you have kids it is a wonderful way to use up energy. You can even put it in a small yard. We had family pictures done. They are wonderful. Thanks again Nancy. We went camping. And for the most part Jim has gotten to be with us. We are looking towards his leaving and he is full time Army now. So, we are heading to the beach this weekend for some much needed R and R and some quaility time before he leaves.
I am also excited about fall. We had a week or so of extremely hot weather. Which made me so thankful again that I have A.C. And we were watering for my parents, so not only were we glad to see the rain come and cool things down but also so that we didn't have to water so much. Something funny though is with a trampoline we used the sprinkler lots under it and the grass under the trampoline is so nice and green. We are glad that my family is back. They were missed. A month is just to long.
One thing okay two that I am not excited about with fall is extra clothing you have to wear and take with you. I love no socks and no sweatshirts and coats and all that. As much as I love being cuddly warm it just takes that much longer to get ready. And the fact that my husband is leaving (duh). Jim and I love Football and sweatshirts and just being cuddly in the fall. It will not be the same without him here. In so many ways. I am having a harder time this time. We talked about it the other day and we think it is because we know what to expect. And with the kiddos. Wow. Jim will miss them so much and they will miss Jim so much. Not to mention me. I have done enough single parenting over the month here and there to last. But, you do what you gotta do. We need men and women to keep us safe and my husband is proud to do that for us.
I also have gotten Brayden's school list. I can't believe he starts school so soon. Why do they grow up so fast????
Here are some pictures of our times and if you think of us please say a prayer that we do okay while Jim is gone and that Jim stays safe. Thanks.










1 comment:

* said...

Hey Kristen! Cute blog...Weve got to get together sometime!
Suzie