Monday, August 02, 2010

Thoughts

I have been reading a friend of mines blog and it made me think of a few things that are dear to my heart. She writes about decorating and her kids and her love of things southern. She posted the other day about little girls and ladies. I am always glad to hear that from other moms of girls.
I am not a girly girl. But I do feel like I dress reasonably. For sure modestly. I believe strongly in that. I also enjoy painting my daughters nails and have embraced the princess thing and all that comes with it. I also feel like I have good manners and was raised to be proper.
I so have a desire to raise a daughter that is femine and embraces that about her self. I want her to respect herself and others. I want her to be polite and just be a lady. I am encouraged by dobsons book on Bringing up girls. It is wonderful. I am really enjoying it. I am excited seeing how girls relationships with their fathers effects things. And just how letting them embrace the princess thing (within reason) is good. It will not hinder them as they grow and make them feel entitled.
So I am enjoying raising a little lady. I am hoping we are doing okay and that she will embrace it as she grows and she will be the woman of God that she was designed to be.

This is my beautiful little lady. Thank you to all the beautiful ladies in my life who have helped shape me along the way.
I will save my rant on what society has done to ladies another time.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oh Kristin! We are reading that book too right now and I'm going to include a snippet of it in my post for Inspiration Fridays! It is so fun to make these connections to each other here in the Blogland and we would love to have you guys over sometime soon for a BBQ!
Love, Vanessa