Saturday, August 21, 2010

Books

I don't know if I have said this before, but I LOVE BOOKS. Children's are my favorite to buy. Since I teased my husband one day about his clothes addiction he has teased me about my book addiction. So, I have been doing really good about buying any books. I have bought two for myself and they were a dollar at a garage sale. We frequent the library quite a bit because I honestly don't like stuff and the more I buy the more stuff I have in my home. So, since he pointed that out I have been trying so hard not too. (Even though he was teasing)
My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. A wonderful Christian author who writes fiction but does it in such a way that you are apart of the family and you desire to deepen your relationship with Christ. I also really like Francine Rivers who also challenges me.
I do read Christian parenting and marriage advice books and have read The Eldridges books on men and women and loved them. Love Dobson and all his books. Lehman is another one who is good and Jim and I really enjoyed "Love and Respect"
My only problem is that sometimes I end up more stressed about parenting and the scary stuff that is out there that I start to question everything I am doing. I feel like I have good kids. They aren't perfect but good. They both love the Lord and have asked him into their hearts. They wake up singing praise songs in the morning which just warms my heart. They seem to be kind to others from what I see. I know they are just on loan to me anyway but wow. Sometimes these books freak me out more than if I just kept loving them, teaching them about Jesus and praying fervently for them.
Am I they only one with this problem with "Help" books.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I agree! I read those "help" books and often feel inadequate and questioning my abilities. My kids aren't horrible, but they certainly aren't perfect either! I think that's why I try to stick to fiction... :-)