Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow and stuff

It has been crazy weather for us. It was crazy to have school canceled this week. I was so glad that Brayden's school changed there minds last minute and at least had school Thursday. I was able to go and watch their practice program. Otherwise we have lots of food and my Christmas shopping is done and so all is well for us to be stuck at home.
We have had a crazy week with Army stuff. We had to do a red cross for a family and that is a terrible situation. Wow, I realize over and over how great my life and husband are. Then I have a lady that works at our unit who called today and said that they don't have food. She has 6 kids and a husband who was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. Oh yeah and he is unemployed. Such a sad thing. We are pulling all kinds of things and she and her family will have a wonderful Christmas. It just reminds me how much I truly have. Yes we aren't rolling in the money but I was able to give my kids a good Christmas and there is lots of food in the cupboards. I have a husband who loves me and the kids and works so hard for us. He loves God and he is faithful to me and devoted and commited to our family.
Christmas always seems to come up so fast and I am always ready for the tree and that to be done. However, this year I have enjoyed things so much. We haven't done tons of things. I haven't baked nearly as much and we have just played and something else I did this year that we have never done. We put a cradle with a baby under the tree. Every time I look at our tree, it reminds me of Jesus' birth. I just love it. I think having kids also changes things. The one thing in the world that I want more than anything in life is that my kids love the Lord all the days of their lives. So, I pray daily and I try to show his love to them. But sometimes I feel like I do a really bad job. So, it is great to be able stop and look at my tree and be reminded of the reason for life and the season.
Merry Christmas.

No comments: