Saturday, December 09, 2006

Marriage

So, this week was a rough week. Not for us personally but just learning of people we are close to getting divorced. 3 to be exact. One is Jim's uncle. The only Christian uncle he has. Then we learned that his cousin (from the same family) is heading that way. And then I talked to a friend that I have stayed in touch with since high school and she is already divorced. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get ahold of her and finally she called me back. It was hard hearing things like that. But, as Jim and I sat on the couch just going why, how. We reiterated to each other our dedication to each other. That that won't happen to us and that we will always work on our marriage and do whatever we have to to make it work. It was also interesting that my bible study this week was on divorce and how as Christians we should treat those who have been divorced. It was a great study. It opened my eyes a lot on how to love people even more, especially those going through such a hard time.
Well, we are praying that each of these families will come to reconciliation.

No comments: