Monday, December 18, 2006

Simplicity

So, I am a very simple person. I don't own fancy things, dress fancy or wear lots of makeup or anything like that. I like my simple life. I keep a clean house that the other day I was given a great compliment on. Now to some this compliment would be an insult but to me it made me happy and even more content. My grandparents came over to see our home. They are from Canada and hadn't seen it since we remodeled. My grandpa was talking about how he hates to vacuum there home. My grandma has stuff everywhere he says he can't vacuum well there. I said well we don't have lots of stuff so he was welcome to vacuum my home anytime he wanted and he said, Kristin, your house is beautiful. It has the basics but not a lot of clutter and stuff. That is the best compliment. I love that people can come to our home and feel welcome and comfortable but not overwhelmed by stuff. That kids can come and we don't have to worry about why it is quiet cause there isn't a lot that they can get into that would be hurt.
I am also reading a bood called "The Treasure Principle" that just keeps reminding me that the stuff on the earth isn't ours to keep anyway. So, to remember to store up your treasures in Heaven and not on earth. Isn't that a great release to know that everything her is temporary so focus on the relationships and just being, instead of on how much we can attain.
Thank you Lord for all that you have given me. I am truly blessed.

No comments: