Monday, February 13, 2012

God can change you 2

I have to give you a warning. One thing that happens when you open your heart to the Holy Spirit to come in and work through you. Well, you may get put into uncomfortable situations. Ones that aren't always in your "Spiritual Gifts" column. This has happened to me lately. So, the neighbor boy is good and all that. And my husband and I are really called to a group of non christians. Not totally sure how it all happened it just did. It started out (however) and we really gravitated to the 3 couples in the group who had kids. They were close in age to ours and they all played well together. Well the one lady whom I felt I knew the least. Her son is younger and they live out in Turner, where as the rest of us are west siders. Her and her husband came to the birthday dinner my hubby set up for me. Well, she plops herself right next to me and proceeds to tell me that she went to church on Sunday. I mentally made note not to let my jaw drop. And she was telling me that the pastor challenged them to choose a word for the year. She chose learn. She has one other friend that was a Christian, however, she had decided to become jewish and since that just didn't seem very solid to just switch that way. Well, she asked if I would mentor her and help her understand it all better. Yep thats right HOLY COW. If you know me, that isn't me. My spiritual gifts are not teaching, leading any of that. Now if you need me to encourage you, have faith or show hospitality. I am all over it. Needless to say I am freaking out and yet so excited that God feels like I can do this. We have invited one of the other ladies to join. Not sure if she will yet or not. Her husband has been asking mine questions and they do upward with us. But, since all that I feel like satan may be attacking her. Just strange things she is doing. So, I am praying harder for them and their marriage. So again I give you a warning be careful what you pray. And yet be ready for the ride of your life that God will lead you on.

No comments: