Thursday, February 02, 2012

Another sad thing of Divorce

Our kids are growing up in an age where divorce is so "normal". I hear my kids playing it, they tell me when they get their new mommy or daddy. It breaks my heart. I explain to them that that won't happen to mommy and daddy. It is so sad to hear of separations and divorces of friends and people we know from church. It is so hard to here how they must have let their focus come off God. I know marriage takes a lot of work but it is so worth it. Now I know there are some situations where it is a must and it is safer for all involved.
So, I pray for our kids and that they realize how sad divorce is and that they should be so thankful that we have no plans for divorce. Today I think it actually sunk in to Riley how sad it is. I clean a new house where the dad was married before and his daughter from that marriage comes only a couple days a week and then he is remarried and has a son.
So as we are driving there and I am explaining who lives in the house. I left out the daughter. And she asked if they had a girl. I went into the divorce and remarriage and how there is a girl just not all the time. She got quiet and then she said, so she doesn't get to see her daddy everyday. I said no. Isn't that sad? She said yes that is really sad. Made me glad that she got it and yet sad that we even had to have that talk. And so happy that she loves her daddy SO MUCH she can't imagine not seeing him every day.

No comments: