Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Health food stores

I am a funny one at times I know. I think you would call me old fashioned at times and yet I am not totally there. I love technology and all it has to offer. (Except Facebook keeps changing and that is hard for me) I love that I can teach my kids where there food comes from first hand. Like they gather the eggs and we kill chickens and have them for supper. They go with me to the butcher to pick up the meat. I can and they also help with that and making jam. I feel like it is important for my kids to eat healthy. I however, don't buy everything organic or fresh or all that. I the other day thought it would be fun to make my own vanilla. Now the question was poised to me, Why? I didn't know just thought it would be easy and fun. However, after going to Trader Joes (which I LOVE) and them not having any vanilla beans. I went to a health food store here in town. I CAN'T STAND that place. I don't feel I have ever talked down to them but they always seem to talk down to me. AND it stinks in there. While there Riley had to go to the bathroom and even their soap stunk. They also had some strange things on the shelf. That is why I have decided that my family will eat healthy but if I have to go there to get the healthy stuff we can do with out. Now again Trader Joes will be fine. I can still get good healthy food other places. I think it also has to do with the fact I feel like a hippie in there.

No comments: