Sunday, April 05, 2009

What can you do?

I for the most part don't feel like I complain a lot about my situation. I mean it truly is what it is and me complaining only rubs off on the kids and really what does it change?
But, something always happen when my husband is gone. Something always goes wrong. So my husband was home for two weeks and the day he left the ants showed up. Now it really isn't a big deal. They come every year at this time. It was just kind of a coincidence. Then the next day the blind string came off so they won't open and close with the string. Again no big deal. At least I have blinds and can still close and open them. The thing that stinks it when the kids are sick. Like now. I am again so thankful for my family. Riley has had a goopy eye and then this morning she started vomiting. Now thankfully she hit the toliet and bucket most of the day. I took her to the doc. And sure enough another ear infection. 3rd one since January. And the vomiting stopped. Until tonight. We went to get the RX after nap and went to my parents. The doctor had said to wait until later in the day to give her the meds to make sure she could keep it down. We got to my parents at 5ish and she threw up right as we got there. Then she played for awhile and she still wasn't herself, but had more energy. Then she had a piece a of toast and then started whinning and wanting to go home. We get home and I set her on the counter and gave her the first part of her meds and she threw up. Yep, and this is when you want your husband. All over me, herself and the floor. I have to say gross. Not the first time but usually my husband is here and we head right for the shower. But, how do you do that by yourself. You can't bathe her and then hope she doesn't fall in the shower and you can't shower alone because what if she throws up again and you are in the shower. I mean Brayden is a huge help in grabbing towels for me and all that. He has been a trooper. Just a sweet, sweet boy. So, I had Brayden call my mom and ask if my dad, or siblings were home so she could come over and let me shower. But, she couldn't but once again they rescued me. My dad and sister stopped by so I could shower. So, while I waited I gave Riley a bath and got her situated. Now we just pray that Brayden and I don't get it. Thankfully, she is sleeping now and we shall see how the night goes. But, situations like this really make you wish you other half were here.

No comments: