Friday, October 31, 2008

What a week

So as you know my husband is gone with the army. And some days are easier than others and some days are just overwhelming. Today is one of those days although not for why you would think. Let me start with yesterday. Brayden is a very rowdy, ornery boy. At least in the evenings if he doesn't nap. Which I don't like him to do because then he stays up late. But yesterday I was just so frustrated with him wrestling with Riley and just being a pest to her. Now I know "Sibling rivlary" However it is still frustrating. I had tucked Riley in and was tucking Brayden in and I told him how even when he is ornry and a pest and even just plain mean at times I still love him very much. And he said how hard it is to be nice and all that. I said well then maybe we need to call the neighbor boys more or have U. Kyle come and wrestle him more so that he can have fun doing that and not hurt his sister. And he started to cry. Mommy, I don't want you to have to call the neighbors. I just want daddy home to wrestle with me. (yes, I am at this point crying as well) I said I know sweetie, but daddy has to be gone awhile longer. Then he asked if his surprise on Saturday was daddy coming home (Yep, I am crying still and harder) I said no but wouldn't that be a great surprise. Anyway that is tough on a parent.
Today we woke up happy and well. And I got to help with the harvest party at school which was great fun. Daddy even called and so he got to talk to daddy.
Now the thing I am overwhelmed by today. Brayden's school as well as friends and family have been collecting stuff to send to our soldiers for Christmas. I am overwhelmed by there generosity. I picked up the things from Brayden's school today and OH MY. They are so generous. The soldiers will be truly touched. Thank you all so much. I means so much.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh hon, I'm so sorry. I still can't even imagine what you and the kids are going through and just how long this must feel. I'll be praying! And let me know anytime, I can bring my kids over to fully distract yours! hehehe