Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NYC

I got back on Monday night late from NYC. My mom came and stayed with our kids for 5 nights and I flew out and saw my husband for 4 days. What a city. It is great. So much to do and see. Lots of learning. Wow. I am so amazed that more pedestrians aren't ran over. The subway is great. Don't mind that at all. My favorite parts were Central park, Staten Island ferry at sunset, The chapel that stood at ground zero. Amazing. I could not live there and anymore than 3 days would drive me nuts. There are so many people and just the thought of living in an apartment where my kids couldn't be outside as much as they are now. I mean if they want to swing while I am making dinner that is great. I was showing Brayden some pictures and told him those kids can't just go outside. And he was like wow.
I am so glad to be home. I really missed my kids. I had so much fun with my husband. And am sad that he is heading out soon. It just seems so much more real when he is overseas. He travels so much stateside and so it wasn't that much different. We could call him every morning and text throughout the day. Now it is just emailing and waiting. I love you so much Jim. Be safe.

1 comment:

* said...

thanks for sharing today kristen. We are praying for Jim. Lets do a playdate sometime.