Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why?

I have been reading a series of books that are fiction and placed in the 1800s. The girl in the book has been struggling with having enough time to spend with God. I mean she has 4 kids. A ranch and just all that stuff to do. It made me say yeah why doesn't she have the time. I mean back in the day there wasn't anything to do in the evening and what not. But then I went wait. We say we are busier now than ever. So, I thought I would evaluate my life. I have so many luxuries. I mean I don't have to grow a garden, wash my clothes, dishes and all that by hand. I don't have animals and a ranch. and for me. I don't have any hobbies really. And yet why isn't my time with God more regular? It seems like the more convient my life is the less time I spend with God. Is it just me or shouldn't it be easier to spend time with God?

1 comment:

Witness My Fitness said...

Hey! I came across your blog my clicking the "next blog" button at the top of my page. Your page happened to pop up. I just wanted to say I TOTALLY know what you mean. I only have one child and I struggle with finding time to pray and read and spend precious time with God. Perhaps it will always be that way because we are sinful by nature and would rather do other things (like read random blogs, for example), then to spend time with God. I hate saying that. But, I think it is true. Also, I suppose we should always strive to spend more time with God because we have never "arrived" in that area. Well, I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks! :)