Monday, May 19, 2008

In my head





I don't know how many of you out there do this but I blog in my head. I know you don't see all these wonderful posts but all day I think I need to blog about this or that.
Here are some things I already thought about today.
Green living, composting, playing in the sun, sunscreen, john deere, my precious children, my wonderful husband.
So, first I would love to know your takes on green living. I am for it. I just don't know how far. I want to do my part for the environment and all but then I think about all my conviences and I don't want to give them all up. So, some things I thought of today were finding alternative for the yard other than chemicals. I don't use many anyway but when I see some mysterious bug eating my roses I want them to leave. And when there is clover in my grass I want it to leave. But then I think about my precious children and don't want them touching the grass that was sprayed with chemicals and putting there fingers in there mouths. We also played outside this morning and I didn't put sunscreen on them. I thought they were just going to play in the sandbox which is in the shade, but of course being kids they didn't. So, I was stressed the entire time trying to get them to the shade. Yes, I know I should have just gotten the sunscreen. I am thinking now with the wonderful weather sunscreen will just be apart of our morning routine.
Here are some fun pictures of us in the sun the last couple of days.

3 comments:

Christy said...

We have a wonderful pear tree that is being attacked by a rust. Any the only way to fix it is with chemicals and I do feel horrible. I let all my neighbors know so that they would stay inside, I don't like having to use them either.

Carrie said...

I would love to use more non-chemical cleaners (and eventually weed killer when and if we ever have a yard to tend to) but I find myself overwhelmed and unsure of what to do.

Carrie said...

And YES, I read your blog! :-)