Wednesday, March 05, 2008

How I've changed

Back in the day I loved winter. I loved cuddling up in a warm sweatshirt and blanket and drinking hot chocolate. I would read a book or watch a good chick flick. Don't get me wrong. I still love that about winter. I still loved the other seasons. (Summer was harder cause it is so hot) But, I loved spring and I also enjoyed going camping and hiking and being outside. But the rain and length of winter never bothered me. That is until this year. I love the sun. I am ready to be outside everyday. I don't usually get cabin fever. This year I felt like I had it. I have loved the last couple of weeks where we can be outside everyday. There are multiple reasons why I like this. First, Brayden has been able to get all his wiggles and energy out. He is getting to play with the neighbor kids. (That has it's challenges, but is good) Riley also loves being outside. She loves to ride the tractor or tricycle and swing on the swing. They both love to go for walks. The other reason I like to have us outside lots is the house stays so much cleaner. I know that is really crazy. I love to have the kids get out toys and use there imaginations. Like this morning we went "Camping" in the living room. We had sleeping bags and all that. But, then we went on a hike and saw all kinds of fun things on our hike. I just came up with another reason I love playing outside. Imagination. I don't know about you all but I sure like my kids using there imaginations and so many toys now a days do it all for them. I love toys that don't make noise and encourage the kids to do it themselves. And outside it is all about sticks and dirt and bikes and just playing. I love that. Okay I know I went off on another tangent.
I hope where ever you are you are able to get out and enjoy spring. Or hopefully spring has started for you. We have beautiful flowers growing and much warmer weather. Yea!!

No comments: