Sunday, March 09, 2008

Army Stuff

So the other night we watched a movie called "Home of the Brave" I think we are going to stop watching war/army movies until Jim gets home. It was a good movie and touched on issues that are real. However, when you are looking toward deployment it isn't something you want to think about. I want Jim to serve his country and to do the best he can and of course come home safe. I also in an ideal world I don't want him to have to see anything or do anything that will give him nightmares again.
Jim has been home now for almost 4 years. (I mean from deployments, he seems to be gone a lot for other army stuff) And I will admit it was hard having him home at first. I mean everything in our life changed when he was deployed before. I worked when he left, we lived in a different house and we didn't have a child. He came home and I no longer worked, I had bought us a new house and had our first child. All great and exciting things but all new. Oh and Jim didn't have a job. So, life was new and different. So, with this deployment I plan on not making any major changes. I mean obviously life will go on with out him here but other than the kids growing and all that I want life to stay as much the same as we can make it. And I would also like him to come home and not have PTSD. And we are done watching Army movies for awhile.

No comments: