Sunday, November 18, 2007

Technology and Change

Why do we have to have change? I know it is good for us and it helps us grow but it is so hard. I think lately I have started dreading change even more. I have kept Riley in the same Sunday school class I think a month longer than she should be just because I adore the teacher. She is wonderful and has become a friend. I just want my kids and family to stay the same forever. I love technology but again it is constantly changing. As great as cell phones and computers and all that are it is hard watching the pain it brings some people. I am also watching my youngest siblings fight over who gets the cell phone more. Gone are the days where friends called you on the phone now it is all about texting. How sad. I wonder how many of my kids friends will even know what a home phone is. We still have one. Somedays it just makes me long for the days when friends called you on the phone or came over. Well, I guess I will continue doing what I always do, go with it. Can't change it but I have to move with it. There are somethings that I won't change and that is talking on my cell phone while paying or trying to talk to another person.

No comments: