Sunday, November 25, 2007

It is done and what would you do?


Well, today was a sad and yet weird feeling day at our house. We found a new home for Charlie. Believe it or not is was bittersweet. I cried and felt horrible. But, kept reminding myself that it is best for him. He will be living around the corner from his brother and get to see him daily as well as run on a 50 acre farm daily. He will get to be in the house and sleep in the house. So, he will be so happy. I just keep reminding myself of all the fun he will have vs. sitting by himself all day. It is good. Sad but good.
Also, I helped out in Brayden's Sunday school class today and a young girl is his teacher. (young because she is younger than me) And she doesn't do anything. She teaches but other wise she sits there and gets ready for next week. Her helper also just sat. I played with the kids and I know the lady I was filling in for does. She also was wearing an incredibly low cut shirt. And as a mom of a little boy I am even more sensitive of that. ALso, Riley was in a new class today and didn't get a diaper change while there. 3 hours approx. And when I changed her when we got home she was poopy. Now she could have just done it, but still. So, the question is do I say anything or just let it go?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I say ask Riley's teacher if they have a routine for changing the baby's diapers...it's possible they just had SO many kids they didn't get around to her (that's happened with Caleb before - thankfully only a couple times). I also don't think it would hurt to ask the sunday school director if they have activities for the kids to do and just casually mention that they didn't have anything going on when you were there. I guess I'm thinking there MAY be good excuses for these things, but if not, the director should be aware of what's going on. Good luck!

Christy said...

Hi Kristin, love your blog!!
I had a conversation with the director at our church. I had a similar experience with appropriate clothing attire for young girls taking care of our children. One time we came back from playing outside and I began to wash their hands and she told me it wasn't necessary because they will just get dirty again, they all got their hands washed that day.
Anyway the cookie exchange was fun and its fun to find out that you have a blog too!
See you Sunday :)