Monday, October 04, 2010

Style

I have been thinking lately. First I have been thinking about decorating. See my friend Vanessa over at southerninmyheart.blogspot.com (sorry I don't know how to do the attach thing.) And I love going to Vanessas. Her home is warm and cozy and very relaxing. But, she LOVES to decorate. As, I don't. I love to have cozy comfy things that don't take a lot of time to clean or maintain. I love rock and craftsman style. So it got me thinking. What is my style. And this is great. According to the internet it is Northwestern. So how perfect is that. I am in the right place.
I have also been thinking about what Jim and I are going to do when we are empty nesters and retired. Still trying to figure that out. Travel and golf are what we have so far. However, I have never golfed before. Even though I would like to learn.
Another thing is food. I had been in a funk on cooking. So I started researching recipes on line and found Allrecipes.com. LOVE it. So far everything we have tried has been wonderful. I love that I am finding new things that are simple and I have most of the ingredients.
Another thought I had but it was just this morning. If God knows everything and Satan can't read my thoughts. How come awful things come to my mind and yet I haven't spoken anything out loud. Especially when you know Satan put it there.
Well those are just random things.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I think Jen Roth said it best. The devil can't read your mind but he can shoot hurtful arrows at you and sooner or later he will hit his target. Does that make sense?

Vanessa said...

Hey! I just now read this! You are so sweet and I have been to your warm and inviting home too so the feeling is mutual my friend! I love reading your posts and feel like I get to know you even better with each one! We definitely need to get our families together soon!
Love, Vanessa