Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Childcare and my son

It has been decided that I am going to stop doing childcare. With Jim's upcoming deployment we just thought it is better for us to spend as much time as we can together and with childcare that is tough. We don't have the availabilty to just go and do what ever when we want. So, in a couple weeks I will be done. I have also realized something about myself. I love kids but don't think childcare is for me. I was feeling like I maybe didn't like kids as much as I always thought. But I have realized it is okay to like other kids but not want them in my home everyday. With that said I told Brayden today that Aubrey wasn't going to be coming much anymore. (I have told them I would be there back up) He was really sad. Now I knew he enjoyed having her but I didn't realize how much. So, tonight he had gone to bed and I went in to talk to him and he asked again why she was going to be going to someone elses house. I came up with a different way to explain it and I said well you know daddy has to go on a really long army trip? Yes. Well, we want to be able to spend as much time with daddy as we can before his trip and if Aubrey is here we can't go to the beach and Sunriver and all that. So, Aubrey will still come sometimes and we can meet her at the Library for storytime. And she will still be our friend and we will still pray for Aubrey. And he was okay with that answer. Then he says, Aubrey needs to ask Jesus into her heart. Then she can be in Heaven with us. I was so happy. I am so glad that he cares. I have really been praying for that. But, also talking about it with him. I know they are also talking about sharing your faith in Sunday school and it just makes me so happy that he is listening. He also said he is excited to get to Heaven when he gets older and he wants to give Jesus a big hug, cause Jesus gives the best hugs. Oh my heart is so happy right now.

No comments: