Saturday, February 05, 2011

My boy

I am bragging here but my boy makes me so proud. He is a sensitive guy. Things people do make him ask lot of questions. Questions that I love. They make me think even. Well he is playing upward basketball. I could go on about what an amazing program that is as well. But with upward every week after the game the coaches give stars. Like Red for good work on their defense or grey for offense. Well white is for Christ likeness. Brayden got one a few weeks ago and ever since he talks about it and how he wants it again. Like he wants to make sure he helps a player up if they fall and he wants to make sure they are going to be okay.
Brayden is not the best player out there. He is a great encourager. He gets very excited when the other boys on the team make a basket. Brayden is also that way at school. He gets excited about others achievements.
So, today a different coach gave the stars. (Jim is out of town) And he gave Brayden a WHITE one. He went up and Coach Will said how he gets excited to come to practice and games just to see Brayden. He has never met a team player who was so encouraging as Brayden and that he loves watching Brayden. I know I may be a strange mom. But that meant more to me than if he was an amazing player. Because in my mind and heart that is so much more important than anything. My boy striving to be like Christ!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

How sweet! I agree - Upward is a great program! That is so awesome that Brayden has become such an encourager. Congrats on the white star!!